Looking for an incredible hike near Poipu? You need to check out this tril.
The Hike In Poipu You Should Try
Mahaulepu Heritage Trail is a popular and fun hiking trail just a few minutes from Poipu Beach that all visitors to Kauai should try. It’s a spectacular, wild, and rugged coastal hiking trail that occasionally reveals a rare oceanfront region of Poipu that remains undeveloped.
The trail itself starts from Shipwreck Beach on Keoneloa Bay and continues towards the secluded cove that harbors Mahaulepu Beach.
You’ll be able to watch skirt dunes, shrub-lined coastal hills, and rocky coves of southeastern Kauai wild shores. If you’re lucky, you might find sea turtles and even the endangered Hawaiian Monk Seal.
If you’re wondering if it will be a good idea to go with your whole family, the answer is yes! This trail only has a length of 4-miles out and back. The level of difficulty is easy-to-moderate.
Let’s give you some tips if you’re planning to do the Mahaulepu Heritage Trail.
- Water: Carry a bottle of water and drink small amounts often.
- Footwear: Always wear the most comfortable shoes you have. It would be better if they are hiking shoes.
- Cloth: Wear clothes that offer some sun protection, and of course don’t forget sunscreen and a hat.
- Weather: It’s advisable to watch the weather forecast before taking off.
- Camera or Phone: You’re going to want to document this one.
If you and your family would like to have some adventure on this island, we highly recommend this hiking trail. The incredible views alone will be worth it!